Friday, March 28, 2014

Raw Strawberry Rose Fudge Cups


I have always had a thing for fudge.  My Dad and I used to go on fishing trips up north when I was younger and we would always stop at a little shop in the town we were staying in that sold about 30 different types of fudge.  I ALWAYS had to buy some.  My favorite was the butterfinger or the chocolate peanut butter, but the mint chocolate swirl was also good.  The best part was they gave samples.  One time I think I ate a whole pound of fudge.  It seems silly now, but I still enjoy fudge and now that I make raw foods, it is even better. No need to eat a pound, a little bit is so good and satisfying.  


If I had a fudge shop, I would definitely include fudges with fruit.  Anyone can make dark chocolate fudge, but a little berries in white chocolate or coconut are pretty darn heavenly and I would take them over the chocolate any day.  Red berries and rose.  That is my favorite fudge I have made to date, and I thought I would share the recipe with you all since it is strawberry season (at least in the US), and it is so freaking good!  


If you have a whisk or spoon and a bowl you can make this.  No need for a high speed blender or a lot of patience because it can be made within the hour. A layer of white vanilla rose, topped off with sweet strawberry rose...this fudge is fragrant, sweet and pure deliciousness!  


Raw Strawberry Rose Fudge Cups
Makes 10

Vanilla Rose Layer:
3/4 cup raw coconut butter (not oil) warmed to liquid
2 Tbsp raw coconut nectar, maple syrup or raw local honey
a pinch sea salt
1/4 cup filtered water
1 tsp rosewater
2 tsp pure vanilla extract

Strawberry Rose Layer:
3/4 cup pureed organic strawberries
3/4 cup raw coconut butter (not oil), warmed to liquid
2 Tbsp raw coconut nectar, maple syrup or raw local honey
a pinch sea salt
1 tsp rosewater
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 tsp beet powder

Note: all ingredients in this recipe must be at room temperature or warmer or when you mix them together they will clump up.  For the vanilla rose layer, in a bowl, whisk together all ingredients until well combined, and spoon into the bottoms of 10 small (peanut butter cup sized) foil tins or molds.  Place in the freezer to harden.  Meanwhile, whisk together all ingredients for the strawberry rose layer, then spoon on top of the vanilla rose layer in the tins, smoothing the top.  Place in the freezer to set for about 30 minutes to an hour before enjoying.  Store extra in the fridge.


5 comments:

  1. I have been poking around and reading some info on raw coconut butter, which I adore, but what I'm reading says that even if the product is labeled as raw (as Artisana's is) that it impossible to make a truly raw coconut butter. Have you heard anything about this issue? :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I have not. But I actually make my own, so I know it is raw. I would think that if something is labeled raw it is in fact raw. If you have a high speed blender though, and you are concerned about buying coconut butter, I would suggest making your own.

      Delete
  2. These look amazing! How do you make your own coconut butter?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :)! Click on the words coconut butter above and you will be linked to my how to page. It says how to on there.

      Delete